TempWorks Software’s Development team is on a mission to create extraordinary products that solve important problems connecting jobseekers and businesses.
Our Development team is responsible for the development of our software’s entire product portfolio, including applicant tracking, customer relationship management, online job boards, electronic onboarding, payroll, invoicing, timeclocks, employee engagement, and more.
The Software Development Manager uses their expertise to leave a lasting impact. As a strong communicator, the Software Development Manager strives to guide their team on a mission through mentorship, planning, employee development, and process improvement. The Software Development Manager is also responsible for inspiring others to be their best self and know that is how the world’s best software is made. At the end of the day, the Software Development Manager is responsible for delivering high quality products that are on time and on budget while continuously building a diverse, adaptable, and skilled team.
- Manages the daily activities of 4-10 direct reports
- Participate in recruiting and hiring of new team members
- Responsible for coordinating new hire orientations and ongoing staff training
- Oversees timekeeping procedures and provides payroll approval
- Develops and implement performance metrics, improvement plans, and employee development plans
- Sets expectations and holds employees accountable for their work
- Implements annual performance evaluations and frequent one-on-one check-ins with employees
- Responsible for implementing appropriate disciplinary action, including up to termination
- Managing and leading up to 10 employees to promote the effectiveness of the team
- Growing high performing and high potential employees to succeed in their careers
- Building relationships with development team members, including Project Managers, Quality Analysts, Quality Engineers, UX Engineers, Architects, and Developers.
- Balancing software quality improvements with new product investments while instilling best practices, ensuring designs meet requirements, and delivering high-quality work on tight schedules
- Solving technical and procedural challenges in a high-paced Agile environment
- Leveraging technical knowledge to solve problems, communicate with team members, review pull requests, and provide feedback on quality and direction.
- Completing administrative duties for the team
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated history of critical thinking, problem solving, planning, and execution
- Solid software development background including design patterns, architecture, relational databases, and test driven development.
- Ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or the equivalent amount of directly related work experience
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams of up to 10 engineers using React.js, .Net, C#, SQL
- When making decisions, has experience considering the entirety of the business and the experience of the users, not just the code
- Excellent engineering skills and can act as an arbitrator for tough technical debates
- Have a strong sense of ownership and the ability to inspire such passion in others
- Security conscious and seek to educate others on the importance of outstanding security
- Have an advanced understanding of web and/or mobile app development best practices
- Experience in Scrum agile development environments and are excited to lead an agile team
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
We are a team of passionate developers who are looking for a motivated, energetic manager that shares our aspirations. Our products are incredibly important to the businesses and job seekers that use them. Their success depends on technical leaders with passion, drive, and commitment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com