The Tax Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local payroll tax returns for Lone Oak Payroll and its clients. This position maintains compliance with changing tax laws to support the overall tax initiatives of Lone Oak Payroll and TempWorks Software, including correspondence with government and local or state agencies as necessary.
- Prepares and reconciles federal, state and local payroll tax payments, returns, amendments and related reports in a timely manner for Lone Oak Payroll and our clients on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to prevent penalties.
- Reviews company and client legal documents and correspondence to ensure correct preparation of tax returns.
- Balances tax payments and researches a resolution to tax notices.
- Manages various calculations and tracking schedules utilizing MasterTax and TempWorks Software.
- Works directly with external parties to accurately respond to tax audits.
- Responds directly to internal and external partners to resolve client tax issues and errors.
- Remains compliant with federal, state and local tax laws through maintaining knowledge of changes by reviewing applicable tax resources and documentation.
- Actively seeks opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies, including data entry, maintenance and tracking using current technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state payroll tax laws.
- Written and verbal communication is clear, concise and effective, leading to great customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that translate into positive team collaboration.
- High self-accountability in order to deliver on all commitments.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities at any given time.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or college degree with a combination of coursework and professional tax experience preferred.
- Some accounting, payroll processing or tax experience is preferred.
- Exposure to database and/or tax preparation software is preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume payroll tax department is highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org