Last modified: January 25, 2018
TempWorks Software, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the “TempWorks” App (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see “Third Party Information Collection”).
Our websites and apps, and these third parties, have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this App.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at TempWorks Software, Inc., 3140 Neil Armstrong Blvd. #205, Eagan, MN 55121.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
- From any employment staffing company:
- who has requested your use of the App, because you are an employee or independent contractor of such staffing company;
- who has requested your use of the App, because such staffing company anticipates you becoming an employee or independent contractor;
- who maintains, or wishes to maintain, any information about you in such staffing company’s TempWorks software database; or
- who receives, or wishes to receive, any information about you in such staffing company’s TempWorks software database.
(Each, a “Staffing Company”).
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, work history, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App, for example, information provided at the time of registering to use the App, submitting information within the App, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Your search queries within the App.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public or private areas of websites or other applications you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, biometric controls, device features, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device, including but not limited to latitude, longitude, radius of accuracy, and similar information.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone, computer or mobile device.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device.
These third parties may include:
- Staffing Companies.
- Staffing Companies’ service partners and vendors.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill our obligations to Staffing Companies.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you and Staffing Companies notices about your account, including potential expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between Staffing Companies and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Use such data, individually or in the aggregate, to predict, describe or otherwise capture, perceive, or display trends in the staffing industry, or trends related to Staffing Companies (where not restricted by a confidentiality agreement with such Staffing Companies).
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and/or submissions.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to supplement timekeeping data, and assist in delivering temporary staffing job or work orders to individuals within a specific vicinity of a geographic location which may be desired by Staffing Agencies.
Disclosure of Your Information
To the extent not limited by a confidentiality agreement with a Staffing Company, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, to the extent not limited by a confidentiality agreement with a Staffing Company, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TempWorks Software, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TempWorks Software, Inc. about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. [For example, if you give us time entry records for the purposes of receiving pay, we will transmit the contents of those time entry records to the applicable third party for the purposes of enabling them to verify and remit appropriate pay amounts.]
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any end-user license agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TempWorks Software, Inc., Staffing Companies, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
You can stop the collection of information in the App by uninstalling the App.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change limited portions of your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. In the event that a change to personal information cannot be facilitated through the App, you should contact the Staffing Company who provided such information to the Company.
If you delete the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, as well as in a copy of the software database(s) of the Staffing Company.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at: TempWorks Software, Inc., 3140 Neil Armstrong Blvd. #205, Eagan, MN 55121.
To the extent possible, we have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to use is stored in the software database of the Staffing Company for which you provided or received services, related to the use of this App. In the event that this data is stored on Company’s servers, such information is secured behind firewalls, SSL encryptions, and other measures of security. In the event this data is stored on the server(s) of Staffing Companies, it is subject to such Staffing Company’ security protocols, which may be different than the Company’s.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information in, or transmitted through, our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.