Lone Oak Payroll is a TempWorks company which provides software, services, and consulting in the Staffing industry. The Payroll Specialist’s main objective is the production of accurate and timely pay checks for its customers. Each Payroll Specialist is assigned 15-25 customers depending on size and complexity; as the main point of contact for these customers the Payroll Specialist not only produces pay checks, but also consults in training the customer in the use of TempWorks suite of software product; trains on payroll best practices surrounding distribution, garnishment, tax, and payroll; manages deadlines and accuracy; and works to ensure client success.
- Gain an understanding of payroll processing and TempWorks Software suite of services.
- Manage payroll and/or funding for assigned accounts in accordance with client contracts to ensure all transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Accurately apply federal and state payroll regulations and requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with clients that utilize TempWorks/Lone Oak Payroll processing and funding services.
- Respond to client questions and verification requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of payroll procedures with good math/accounting aptitude.
- Ability to take direction and independently follow multi-step procedures to consistently meet required deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, interpersonal and customer service at various levels of an organization, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of core computer programs and aptitude for working with new systems and software.
- Adaptable to changing environments and multiple priorities.
- Capable of effectively prioritizing changing responsibilities to manage time and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree required, undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum two years of customer service experience required.
- Previous experience with payroll, tax, or accounting desired.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) beneficial.
- Office environment with prolonged periods working on a computer at a desk.
- Must be able to intermittently lift up to 10 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org