TempWorks Software, a leading provider of staffing specific software and payroll services, is seeking a talented, high energy and motivated Sales Engineer to join our growing team!
As a Sales Engineer (SE), you will be responsible for the sales support of TempWorks Software products and services to existing and prospective customers. As an SE your role is a critical and integral part of the sales organization. Acting as a subject-matter expert, you will demonstrate how the TempWorks solution meets and exceeds customer requirements. This position is responsible for providing presentations, demonstrations and follow-up support during the sales process.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales Operations you will work closely with various members of the sales team including Regional Sales Managers, Business Development, and Regional Vice Presidents to ensure that TempWorks Software is represented accurately and positively and that all the client’s questions or concerns are addressed. Externally, you will be working closely with staffing firms of all sizes engaging regularly with all levels of staff including C-level executives. A successful Sales Engineer will be a high-energy, self-motivated individual with outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities.
What you will do…
- Prepare, participate in, present, and lead product sales demonstrations explaining products and/or services to both prospective and current customers in person and through online webinars.
- Proactively scopes the solution required to address customer requirements
- Prepares and configures the product to effectively demonstrate how the TempWorks solution(s) can optimize customer processes and drive revenue
- Provide technical sales support including assisting with RFIs and RFPs
- Assist sales team to strategize sales approaches
- Assist sales team with prospect follow up, which may include coordinating and conducting several rounds of presentations or conference calls.
- Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- May attend tradeshows and conferences
- May assist with development of new Sales and Marketing material
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Maintain strong knowledge of all TempWorks Software Products and Services
What you must have…
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue
- Must be able to present himself/herself in a professional manner and possess excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to recognize and source underlying areas for prospect process improvement, and explain and demonstrate them to the prospect.
- High level of comfort working with clients at all levels – it is just as important to work with the front line as the CEO
- Possess a proven track record of demonstrating software tool solutions and executing successful proof of concept plans to enterprise prospects
- Willingness to travel up to 30-40%
- Strong communication/consulting skills and the ability to create rapport
- Strong presentation/demonstration skills.
- A technical sales background
- The ability to learn quickly and desire to work in a fast paced, think on your toes, kind of environment.
- Self-motivation to be the best. A self-starter, but a strong team player.
- A knack for building relationships and a lot of energy.
- An underlying desire and ability to think out of the box to solve problems and present solutions.
- You work great under pressure, are adaptable, and have cat like reflexes when it comes to getting asked questions from multiple different areas.
- The pizazz to control a room.
- A desire to always want to learn more and be part of a fun growing company and team!
What your experience must include…
We aren’t picky about what you studied in school as a lot of different skills are needed for this job! A few areas that could translate well include, Computer Science, Business, and Finance. You’ll need to know, or learn quickly, everything from how payroll taxes vary from state to state, overtime rules by state, and what a recruiter at a staffing company does and how they can be efficient doing it. You might be a good fit for this job if you have all of the skills listed in the What you must have section along with;
- 2+ years’ experience in at least one (extra credit for more) of the following areas:
- Sales or Pre-Sales Engineering, ideally for a software solution
- Staffing (recruiters, payroll clerks, branch managers, etc. – this way you know the industry our client base is in!)
- Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in working with payroll for various states, including knowledge of state taxes, various state employment laws and regulations, general ledger and accounting practices.
About TempWorks Software
TempWorks Software is a premier provider of staffing software solutions and payroll services for temporary staffing and recruiting companies nationwide. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Eagan, MN, TempWorks has grown from a start-up to a family-owned company with hundreds of clients and more than 125 employees. Our goal is to provide our employees an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment while delivering opportunities to expand careers and create a healthy work-life balance. For the last six years in a row, we have made the Inc. 5000 list for America’s Fastest Growing Privately-held Companies. In 2016, TempWorks won a Bronze Stevie® Award for Great Employers in the Talent Acquisition and Retention Solution Provider of the Year category.
We encourage continual training and offer competitive benefits to our employees, including:
- Competitive Pay (Plus Commission for Sales)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- 401k and Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual Bonus Program
- Employer Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com