The Technical Project Manager plans and manages risks, communications, development activities, and deliverables for core and custom software development projects. It is the Technical Project Manager’s main responsibility to manage projects that provide value to clients and meet best practices and standards as defined by their team, the department, the TempWorks organization, and the industry. The Technical Project Manager is assigned to software development projects to guide them as they move through the software development lifecycle from initiation to launch to ensure that stakeholders are informed, risks are mitigated, and all necessary activities are completed successfully in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of, manage, and drive project execution, working and communicating with cross-functional development teams and stakeholders.
- Work with product management to understand the business case including scope, strategies, the problem(s) we are needing to solve, and the costs/benefits.
- Create and update project metrics, dashboards, and project statuses.
- Prepare and facilitate project kickoff presentations.
- Work with the project team to determine MVPs, milestones, and project schedule.
- Manage the critical path, prevent/mitigate risks, and remove blockers.
- Perform project retrospectives and pre-mortems with the project team and key stakeholders.
- Document lessons-learned and create action items for needed process improvements.
- Document all project information including various plans, decisions, retrospectives, and other project artifacts.
- Manage company readiness activities for project deliveries and drive launch strategies.
- Work with on-site and offshore development teams.
- Manage and track billable and nonbillable work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to efficiently manage a workload of multiple projects with different needs and at different stages.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines when supporting requests that create competing priorities.
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders about technical problems.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- 5+ years of working for a SaaS company in a project management capacity. The experience being within a software development team that is primarily responsible for the delivery of new features or products.
- Experience working with teams on enterprise scale products/features which are used by customers of your business, not consumed internally by the business.
- Experience working with both domestic and offshore software development teams.
- Experience working in a hybrid office environment and are effective at managing projects with remote teams.
- Experience managing agile or scrum teams. Find some value in these methodologies but think the best methodology is what works for the business.
- Demonstrated history of problem solving, critical thinking, and delivering results within time constraints.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps, or similar software, for tracking projects and recording their status.
- General understanding of technical components such as APIs, User Interfaces, User Interface QA.
- Familiarity with the staffing industry preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com