Recruiting remains a top challenge facing hiring managers and staffing firms across the country. So far in 2019, the unemployment rate has held steady around 3-4%1. To shorten hiring times and gain access to employees with specific skill sets, managers increasingly turn to staffing firms. According to a recent study, access to candidates with the right skills and shortening the hiring cycle are the top two reasons why hiring managers choose to work with staffing agencies. What other trends can staffing firms expect to see in 2019 and beyond? Here are a few statistics to help your staffing agency plan for the next few years.
Planning for 2019 and Beyond
There are more hiring managers planning to use staffing firms over the next few years. This means it is increasingly important for staffing agencies to stay on top of technology trends. In addition, staffing firms should incorporate new tools and solutions into their operational model. By investing in new staffing technology tools, staffing agencies can increase client satisfaction, reach more qualified candidates and provide faster fill times.
From mobile apps for employee engagement to a mobile browser-based ATS and CRM platform, TempWorks Software delivers cutting-edge staffing tools. Our goal is to help staffing agencies grow their businesses and exceed client expectations. If you want to learn more about our latest staffing tools, contact us today for more information.
Read more: Top Staffing Trends and Challenges in 2019
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
2. CareerBuilder and ClearlyRated (formerly Inavero), 2018 Staffing Buyer Study
- 54% of hiring managers plan to increase their use of staffing firms over the next five years
- 67% of hiring managers believe it is very important their staffing firms use up-to-date technology
- 74% of hiring managers believe using up-to-date technology can help differentiate a staffing firm
- 32% of staffing industry leaders plan to invest in new technology this year
- 31% of staffing firms rank their Applicant Tracking System (ATS) as their most valuable technology